(1) The Ropey Ladder collects personal information such as your name, address, and contact details about you when you register and update your profile.
(2) The Ropey Ladder does not ask you to provide personal details of a potentially sensitive nature, such as your ethnic origin or religious beliefs.
(3) Children under the age of 16 may become members of The Ropey Ladder. They will not however be able to create any ladders. We would ask that any ladders intended for use by children are created and overseen by an adult.
(4) The Ropey Ladder will not select other companies to send you information about their products or services, unless you have given your consent to this.
(5) The Ropey Ladder automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser such as your IP address, Ropey Ladder cookie information and the page you request.
(6) The Ropey Ladder uses information for the following purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, help you search for ladders, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external use.
(7) By its very nature and purpose, the Ropey Ladder website needs to make your contact information available to other players. Where information you enter is likely to be seen by other registered users, you will be notified. Only logged-in players on ladders you belong to will be able to view your contact details. During the registration process, or at any time thereafter, you have the option of hiding your contact details from other users.
(8) The Ropey Ladder has a global membership and as such, your Personal Information may be viewed in countries that may not have the same level of legal protection for Personal Information as exists in the United Kingdom.
(9) Your personal information may be used by us to promote Ropey Ladder events, services and products that we have available now or may choose to introduce in the future, but only where you have given your consent for us to do so.
(10) You may leave the Ropey Ladder at any time and upon leaving you may demand that ALL the personal information relating to you, be deleted.
(11) The Ropey Ladder will not disclose your personal information to any third parties except to provide products or services you have requested, when you have given your permission, or under the following circumstances:
(a) We provide information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with the Ropey Ladder under confidentiality agreements. These companies do not have the independent right to share this information.
(b) We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
(c) We believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of the Ropey Ladder's Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
(12) If at any time you believe that the Ropey Ladder has not adhered to these principles, please notify us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will use all commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and correct the problem.